- Do you think your community benefited from your service project? Explain why or why not?
- Do you think you benefited from your service project? Explain why or why not?
Monday, April 26, 2010
Everyone should be finishing up their service learning project in the next week or so. If you are volunteering as a part of your project, Mr. Ross and I would like to encourage to continue to do so. With the project winding down, I would like you to reflect on the following 2 questions:
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Everyone should be in full swing working on their service learning project by this point. Remember, your project must be completed by next week. This week, there are 2 questions to help you reflect on the most difficult and most satisfying parts of your project:
- What has been the most difficult part of your service learning project so far?
- What has been the most satisfying part of your service learning project so far?
Thursday, April 8, 2010
I hope you all enjoyed your vacation, but more importantly I hope you used the time off to start your service project. I have spoken to some of you individually about the progress of your project, but I'd like to hear more about everyone's project. Since it is a short week, I only have one question for you to respond to:
- Reflect on the progress of your service project. What have you done so far? What more do you need to do? If you haven't started, what do you need to do in order to begin?
Monday, March 22, 2010
Welcome to Week 2 of Do Something, Kingsbridge! By now, you should have narrowed the 3 issues you surveyed down to one to focus on for your project. Next, you will decide on a specific service project to complete that addresses your chosen issue. This week you should reflect on the following questions for your blog posts:
- What issue are you going to focus on for this project? Why did you choose this issue? Reflect on why you are needed to help with your chosen issue.
- This week you heard a speech given by President Barrack Obama calling for Americans to serve their communities and country. He spoke of the value of service to help other people and also to develop ourselves into active citizens. How do you think the project you chose will benefit both other people and yourself?